The Bowl of Embers
The Bowl of Embers
Eastern Thanalan (16,24)
Location of Dungeon
Party Size: 4
Class: Disciples of War and Magic
Time Limit: None
Level: 20 (Sync from 22)
This trial is required to advance in the story line. It is located just east of Camp Drybone in Eastern Thanalan (16,24).
Owing to a betrayal, you have been captured by the Amalj'aa and taken to their stronghold of Zanr'ak, there to be given as an offering to the primal Ifrit. If you are to survive this fiery encounter with the Lord of the Inferno, you and your comrades must fight with no less than every ounce of your strength. Should you fail, your souls shall burn for eternity...
This is the first trial which is a Primal fight with the lord of fire himself, Ifrit. It is a very easy fight, basically tank and spank until around 50%, which a 'Infernal Nail' will fall down to the floor about 10 yalms next to Ifrit. All DPS should immediately switch to the nail, if the DPS is weak - the Tank should switch to help, as well... just to be safe! If you can't get the Nail down quick enough, Ifrit will enrage, cast Hellfire and wipe the party. To be more specific here are some of the abilities to look out for:
- Flame Breath: Large cone of fire which will NOT have a red warning drawn out on the ground. This is easy to avoid if the tank keeps Ifrit facing away from the party!
- Vulcan Burst: This is just a medium sized AoE push back. It does not cause a lot of damage.
- Eruption: Be on the lookout for this. It will target a random player in the party and cause around 50% damage, so be sure to run the moment you see it is targeting you!
- Hellfire: Ifrit will cast this around 20%. If you do NOT have the 'Infernal Nail' down - it will wipe the party. However, it will deal a large amount of damage even if you have the nail down. To help alleviate this damage you can have the Tank do a limit break.
- Radiant Plume: This ability can will either be on the outer or inner part of the ring. You will notice it because the floor will turn to lava, so once you see it be sure to run out of it before it explodes (2-3 seconds).
The Bowl of Embers: Ifrit Guide and Strategy
General tips and strategy for the Bowl of Embers Trial in FFXIV (Easy Mode)