Have a guide, tips, boss strategy? Have some cool FFXIV fanart you want to showcase? Submit your resource and we'll get it posted. Depending on the complexity, length and validity of the resource, you will also earn Gil. Gil can be used to cash out for real money or later purchase items from the store! Learn more.

Company Chocobo discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LocoColt04, Oct 31, 2013.

1. LocoColt04

LocoColt04 Administrator Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    Well well, how about that fluffy companion of yours?

If you have hit the points in the game to access the company chocobo... how do you have your companion dressed? What is his name?

And if you've progressed further through optional quests, what rank is your battle buddy, and which skills does he have?

~

My chocobo is named Vesper; he dons the Behemoth barding on his head and legs with the Gridanian saddle across his back and wings.

He is currently Rank 2.
    Attacker 0 - no skills
    Defender 0 - no skills
    Healer 2 - Choco Regen, Enhanced Mind I

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Eye in the Sky Jaime Lannister (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    91Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,709
    Achievements:
    280Achievement Points
    My Chocobo companion is named "Bigbird"... very original right?

He is decked out in full Behemoth gear from the collector edition pre-order.

Right now he is level 4 and i have been giving him points mainly towards the 'Healer' branch, but I also have a point for each 'Attacker' and 'Defender'... so he is pretty well balanced. I've noticed it can take quite a bit to level a Chocobo, so be sure to have him out during FATES or doing quests.

3. Empathy Star

Empathy Star Squire Empathy Star (Gilgamesh)

Experience:
    3Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil15
    Achievements:
    15Achievement Points
    My Chocobo is named Swift Runner; he dons the Twin Adder Gridanian Barding on his head and legs, saddle across his back and wings.

He is currently Rank 2.
    Attacker 1 - Cant remember the names of his skills
    Defender 2 - Cant remember the names of his skills
    Healer 1 - Cant remember the names of his skills

I find as a WHM its hard to Lvl up Chocobo & Twin Adder Ranks, A lot of traveling just to kill 3-5 of each mob needed to raise your level buy spending serpent seals, Swift Runner is almost Rank 3 ATM.

Is there a way to speed Level your Chocobo? THANKS!

4. LocoColt04

LocoColt04 Administrator Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    My best recommendation is to grind FATE that have multiple enemies. This is really easy on the high level ones (even if you are capped at 50, your chocobo still gains experience) as they yield the highest gain.

You could also search for chocobo leveling parties in the party finder. I found one where we were spamming light spawns and raised my chocobo from rank three to four in a little over an hour. Speaking of which, I should update this...

Vesper is now Rank 5 with full Black Mage barding.
    Attacker 2 - Choco Slash, Enhanced Strength
    Defender 0
    Healer 4 - Choco Regen, Enhanced Mind, Increased HP, Choco Cure