Have a guide, tips, boss strategy? Have some cool FFXIV fanart you want to showcase? Submit your resource and we'll get it posted. Depending on the complexity, length and validity of the resource, you will also earn Gil. Gil can be used to cash out for real money or later purchase items from the store! Learn more.

Facebook integration...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by LocoColt04, Oct 31, 2013.

1. LocoColt04

LocoColt04 Administrator Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    ...is not yet working.

I do not know if this is because you intend it to remain this way until you are closer to website completion, or because you are having some issues with it. If the latter, I know David over at Pyrocleptic was having the same issue on the same software back when we were setting that up in the spring. I can point you back his direction if you need assistance with this.

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Eye in the Sky Jaime Lannister (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    91Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,709
    Achievements:
    280Achievement Points
    hmmmmm... I just tested it and everything 'appears' to be working fine for me. I just went up to my user control panel then clicked on 'Facebook Integration' then enabled it. I had to go through a quick verification process and had to re-type my forum password but it says it is integrated now. I did do a small update the other day (after you posted this), so maybe it was just a bug and now it is fixed? Can you try again chap?

3. LocoColt04

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    It gives me the same error on mobile as it does on PC.

Screenshot_2013-11-04-01-37-10.png

4. Fuzz

Fuzz Eye in the Sky Jaime Lannister (Ultros) Staff Member

Experience:
    91Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil2,709
    Achievements:
    280Achievement Points
    I THINK I fixed it now man... I still had the Facebook Application set to 'Sandbox' mode so it would only work for developers... I turned it off and it should now work for everyone... but let me know otherwise ;)

Also, I spent sometime looking at that Annoying 'Notifications' bug on the TFF forums... I think the only way to fix it is to disable the 'vFcoders - Advanced Report System' addon. I have checked the developers thread and it has been dead for over 6 months, so I doubt they will have any updates to it ever again...

I think I have a work around active now though... I just disabled the 'vFcoders - Advanced Report System (NL)' part in the 'Plugin Manager' and it is now gone... so I hope we can continue to use the Addon but we won't get notifications now... make sense?

5. LocoColt04

Experience:
    13Experience Points
    Gil:
    Gil218
    Achievements:
    55Achievement Points
    Perfect sense. And it's fine as long as we still get emails for the reports.